The Japan Patent Office (JPO) offers a fee reduction program for examination fees and issue fees for patent applications. A variety of entities can apply to the program.
Thanks to this program, our clients have received great benefit of US$1021.00 per case in average for the past three years. Don’t forget to have your Japanese associates or representatives to file a petition for participating the program if you or your clients meet requirements.
Eligible applicants include:
- Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs);
- Corporation tax exempt SMEs;
- Research-and-Development-oriented SMEs;
- Micro Enterprises;
- Small & Medium Venture Enterprises;
- University researchers;
- Colleges of technology;
- Municipal tax exempt individuals;
- Income tax exempt individuals;
- Enterprise tax exempt individuals; and more.
For more information, especially details of the requirements, click the link below to get a leaflet provided by the JPO.